There are various reasons to move to Seychelles apart from the beautiful landscapes and the vacation sensation one can have all the time, as many foreign citizens can decide to relocate here for work or even business purposes. In these two cases, the tourist visa is no longer an option, as these categories of immigrants need to apply for residence permits. This is also the case of those who want to immigrate to Seychelles from US.
If you are a US citizen and want to move here, our lawyers in Seychelles can help. You can rely on us if you want to apply for a residence permit based on employment or for company formation in Seychelles.
How can US citizens immigrate to Seychelles?
Citizens from US can move to Seychelles by applying for one of the types of residence permits issued by the authorities here. There are various conditions to be met when moving here, however, the most important one is related to the reason of immigration.
The following conditions must be met in order to qualify for immigration to Seychelles from the USA:
- – the applicant must not be on the list of prohibited immigrants in Seychelles;
- – the person seeking to immigrate must have a connection to Seychelles (family member living here, employment contract, or a business);
- – the applicant wants to make a contribution to the Seychelles economy and thus obtain the right to reside here.
Out of all options, the latter is often selected by US citizens interested in obtaining permanent residence in Seychelles.
If you want to move to this insular state, our Seychelles lawyers are at your service for guidance in applying for a residence permit.
Obtaining a residence permit in Seychelles as US citizen
Applying for residence in Seychelles as a US citizen is not complicated, as the procedure can be quickly completed with the help of our specialists. The following documents must be filed when relocating to Seychelles from US:
- – the valid passport;
- – information on the reason for immigration (employment, business, sponsorship);
- – specific qualifications, where immigration is based on employment;
- – proof of payment of the visa application fee.
The important aspect to consider when moving to Seychelles from the US is not to breach the residence permit requirements. These are:
- for the applicant to live in Seychelles for at least 5 days per year, if the residence permit has a one-year validity period;
- if the resident lives for more than one month per year in Seychelles, he or she must open a bank account with a local bank;
- if the residence lives for more than one month in a calendar year can also keep a deposit with a Seychelles bank – the minimum amount of money required is 20,000 SR (approx. 1,100 UDS);
- pay the residence visa application fee for a spouse, when immigrating as a family.
It should be noted that a separate residence permit for the spouse must be obtained when immigrating to Seychelles from the United States.
Our company formation consultants in Seychelles can also assist foreign investors who want to set up businesses here, including offshore companies.
Our consultants can provide legal representation if you want to incorporate a Seychelles offshore. Please mind that you are not legally required to be present in Seychelles throughout the entire incorporation formalities.
Just like in other countries, the procedure can be completed by our company formation specialists though the power of attorney, a legal document that grants the right of representation.
How to relocate to Seychelles from US through a gainful occupation permit (GOP)
The gainful occupation permit (GOP) can be obtained by US citizens who move to Seychelles for employment purposes or as self-employed persons. In the first case, the Seychelles company employing the applicant must file for the GOP at least 10 weeks before the employment contract enters into effect.
An important aspect to consider when immigrating to Seychelles from US under a GOP is that the holder of this type of permit cannot apply for residence permits.
All applications for residency in Seychelles must be filed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
How to acquire citizenship by investment as a US citizen in Seychelles
As all countries around the world, Seychelles also has a citizenship by investment programs which can be easily accessed by US citizens.
Those who want to relocate to Seychelles from US under the Golden Visa Scheme can choose one of the following options:
- – a minimum investment of 1 million USD in a company located in Seychelles;
- – a minimum investment of 1 million USD in a local company;
- – under the first type of investment, the applicant must live in Seychelles for at least one year;
- – under the second option, the investment must be maintained for at least 5 years.
US immigrants can apply for Seychelles citizenship after living here for 11 years under this program.
If you want to immigrate to Seychelles from US and need assistance, please contact our local representatives. You can rely on us for setting up an offshore company in Seychelles.