Seychelles is a dream destination for foreign citizens seeking to relocate to one of the most beautiful places in the world. Canadians will find Seychelles an appealing immigration country no matter of they are in search of employment or business, as the insular state offers plenty of opportunities to both categories of migrants.
Immigrating to Seychelles from Canada is not complicated if the applicant meets the minimum requirements imposed by the immigration laws of the insular country.
Below, we invite to discover how our lawyers in Seychelles can help you move here from Canada. If you are a businessperson, you can rely on us for company formation services in Seychelles.
Short-term immigration to Seychelles from Canada
Canadian citizens moving to Seychelles for short periods do not need to complete complicated formalities, as they can apply for a visa once they enter the country. However, this is a suitable option for those planning to stay here no longer than 3 months (90 days).
Canadians entering Seychelles for short stays must have the following documents on them:
- – a valid passport,
- – a bank statement as proof of self-sustenance,
- – the itinerary or flight ticket showing the duration of stay,
- – proof related to the purpose of the trip.
This visa is available for various purposes, among which:
- – tourism,
- – business trips,
- – medical visits,
- – seeing family or friends.
Canadian citizens interested in company formation in Seychelles can apply for this type of visa for their initial visit to lay the grounds for incorporating the business.
If you plan to apply for this type of visa, our lawyers in Seychelles can offer extensive information on the requirements to complete before and upon arrival. For example, you must know that your passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months prior to departing from Canada, so we advise you check this aspect before leaving, even for a short while.
How to move to Seychelles from Canada based on a residence permit
Canadian citizens interested in immigration to Seychelles for more than 3 months must apply for short-term residence permits. These are issued for specific purposes, such as employment and detailed formalities must be completed. Additionally, the process of obtaining the residence permit should be started a few months prior to departure.
The following requirements must be met in order to be granted a residence permit for Seychelles as a Canadian citizen:
- the Canadian citizen must obtain a clearance certificate from the police force in Seychelles,
- the residence permit is issued based on specific documents that connect the Canadian applicant to the country (employment contract, marriage certificate),
- the applicant must also make a contribution to the Seychelles economy (various options are available),
- real estate investment is an appropriate way to relocate to Seychelles from Canada.
Relocating to Seychelles from Canada can imply an employment contract acknowledged by the Ministry of Labor or investment in the local economy, in accordance with the desires of the applicant.
Depending on your situation, our immigration lawyers in Seychelles are at your disposal for assistance in preparing the paperwork related to applying for a residence permit. We can also offer guidance in opening a Seychelles bank account.
How to immigrate to Seychelles from Canada based on investment
One of the best ways of moving to Seychelles no matter from what part of the world the applicant comes from is investment. This is one of the easiest options for Canadian and US citizens, as it implies:
- – a minimum investment of 1 million USD by registering a company in Seychelles or,
- – a minimum investment of 1 million USD in a domestic company that is already incorporated in Seychelles,
- – the applicant is must live in Seychelles for no less than one year under the first option,
- – the investment in the local company must be maintained for a minimum period of 5 years,
- – citizenship can be acquired after 11 years of living in Seychelles.
If you have questions about starting a business in this country, our specialists are at your service with full information. Moreover, we can assist if you are interested in setting up an offshore company in Seychelles.
One of the reasons for which foreign investors opt to set up a Seychelles offshore business is because legal entities incorporated here provide many tax advantages, in the sense that they do not impose the taxes that one can usually find in other jurisdictions, such as Canada.
For instance, companies can be exempted from the payment of the corporate tax (full exemption).
This can be the case of the Seychelles IBC, which benefits from a full exemption on any taxes imposed on the income of the business.
There are certain conditions to comply with, one of them being to not carry business in Seychelles – in other words, the company has to be incorporated in Seychelles, but its operations must be related to the outside borders of Seychelles.
Bilateral relations between Seychelles and Canada
Seychelles and Canada are members of the Commonwealth and have very good economic and trading relations, considering that:
- – the two countries have established the first diplomatic relations in 1976,
- – in 2018, the trade between the two states was 5.1 million USD,
- – the value of the goods imported by Seychelles from Canada was 4.3 million USD,
- – Seychelles exported products worth 800,000 USD to Seychelles.
For assistance in immigrating to Seychelles from Canada, please contact our lawyers.